Saturday, April 21, 2018

Graphic Novel Review of The Park Bench by Christopher Chaboute

Read for: Recent Purchase/ Graphic Novel Challenge


Synopsis: "Chabouté's enchanting story of a park bench was first published to critical acclaim in France in 2012. Faber now brings his work to the English-speaking world for the first time.

Through Chabouté's elegant graphic style, we watch people pass, stop, meet, return, wait and play out the strange and funny choreography of life. "

My Review: This is an entirely wordless graphic novel that will really capture your attention. I really enjoyed the monotone art style, the small details of the story really pop out as the story goes on. I can definitely relate to many of the situations throughout the book and the ones I can't directly relate to I have definitely witnessed. I really like how this novel, without saying a single word, managed to convey many stories and makes you pause to think about your own life. A simple bench plays a role in so many lives, even in tiny ways, what can a person do?

My Rating: I really enjoyed this one, it makes you think and creates an enjoyable story.  I am definitely going to be picking up more of his books! I give it a rating of Three Paws and a Stump Wag!



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is really interesting and captivating, I found myself enjoying the characters stories without even knowing more than brief glimpses.

      Delete